Hungry for feeling great? Good. Because Sandstone Chiropractic is all about nutrition. No, that’s not weird. In fact, nearly 70 percent of chiropractors reference or use proper nutrition in their practice.
What’s the Big Deal about Nutrition?
Nutrition is a valuable tool that helps chiropractors treat the whole body, which is what we like to do. Good nutrition also helps to reduce the risk of arthritis, diabetes, heart disease, obesity and other chronic ailments. And that’s not all.
Ever notice how you feel after spending the previous day or night eating loads of greasy, fried, processed or otherwise less-than-healthy foods? You can feel pretty crummy. Fuel your body with nutritious foods as a regular habit and you can instead enjoy:
- Increased energy
- Weight loss
- Fewer sick days off work
- Fewer trips to the doctor
- Decreased medical bills
- A potentially longer and healthier life
Top 10 Nutritious Foods
If you’re not sure where to start incorporating healthier foods into your diet, try staring with the top 10 healthiest foods as reported in Medical News Today. They are:
- Apples, crisp and delicious
- Almonds, beats potato chips as a filling snack
- Broccoli, try it steamed or chopped for noshing
- Blueberries, beautiful in oatmeal (see No. 10)
- Oily Fish, salmon, sardines and fresh tuna count
- Leafy Greens, kale is the rage – find out why!
- Sweet Potatoes, great as a traditional baked-potato substitute
- Wheat Germ, sensational sprinkled on cereal, in yogurt and smoothies
- Avocados, yum, yum and double yum!
- Oatmeal, and not the sugary packet kind
Want more info? Let’s talk nutrition at your next visit to our Montgomery or Magnolia clinic. Call Sandstone or schedule your comprehensive exam with x-rays online.