Even though we are knee-deep in warm days and summer activities, before we know it the kids will be gathering their backpacks and tying their new shoes to head back to school.
See a Need
Eight years ago, we started to notice a startling number of children going back to school without the basic supplies they needed. Some kids came from single-parent households. Others had two parents working hard but struggling to make ends meet. Still others were part of the foster care system or were simply in homes where parents did not value education the way they should. Regardless of their circumstances, these children were going to school without backpacks, school supplies, and in some cases adequate shoes or clothing. Inadequately prepared, they could not focus on what they needed to – learning.
Fill a Need
That is why we created the annual Back in Gear event at all of our Sandstone locations. On July 25, 2018, for one day only, we will offer all of our services in exchange for a minimum $25 donation. You receive the same advanced health services in exchange for a cash donation to our Back in Gear program. Over the last seven years, this single day program has helped outfit thousands of local kids for school, so they can focus on learning.
What You Can Do
There are several ways you can participate in our Back in Gear program.
- Make an appointment to visit any Sandstone location on July 25th and donate a minimum of $25 in exchange for any service we offer. This includes our new patient examination valued at $225! Have a friend or family you would like to refer to our office? This is the time.
- Visit any Sandstone location anytime and make a cash donation of any amount to the Sandstone Community Outreach Program, our charitable non-profit that benefits Back in Gear.
- Bring your donation of any amount to the front office of Lone Star Cowboy Church and let them know it is for the Back in Gear program.
- Tell your friends! Share this post on Facebook.
The Fine Print
- Back in Gear is a charitable event, no insurance companies will be billed on July 25th. We are donating our services in exchange for your donations to this wonderful cause.
- We expect demand to be high at all of our locations. Please call to make your appointment today- 281-203-0070. Sadly, we cannot treat everyone who will want to participate. However, we still encourage you to come celebrate the event at one of our locations. For every $25 donation you contribute, you will receive one entry to a drawing for several prizes that day.
Our Sandstone community is made up of some of the most generous people in Texas and we know that together we can accomplish anything! Join us July 25th for our annual Back in Gear event and help us make sure our children are going back to school with the supplies and clothing they need. See you then!
Call Sandstone or schedule your comprehensive exam with x-rays online.