Finding a good family medicine clinic is often easier said than done. They are not all the same and if you aren’t careful you could wind up in a practice that is not compatible with your family’s needs or doesn’t offer the specialties you need.
And having a family medicine clinic for yourself and your family is important. You need someone you can go to, who is familiar with you when you have an illness, injury, pain, medical concern, or you just need a checkup. Finding a practitioner takes some careful consideration – you’re putting your family in their hands, after all.
Here are some tips to help you find the right family medicine clinic for you.
Patient-Centered Family Medicine Care Makes a Difference
A great practice puts its patients first. The practitioners and staff are committed to supporting their patients at every step of their health journey. They don’t just dole out medications that mask symptoms and never really get to the root of the problem, they seek out the hard answers and treat the underlying cause using the latest medical techniques and treatments.
They treat the whole patient and instead of defaulting to writing a prescription for every ache and pain, they look at ways to help the patient take care of themselves and make healthy modifications to their diet, lifestyle, and more.
Patient-centered care means that the patient is more than just a name on a chart, it means they are family.
Get the Family Medicine Services and Specialties that You Need
A great family medical practice provides its patients with services and specialties that they need to improve their health and wellness and support their body’s natural ability to heal itself.
At Sandstone Family Medicine, we offer a wide range of services, including:
- Hormone Replacement Therapy – Hormone fluctuations are common with age, but can occur at any life stage. Our hormone replacement therapy uses proven plant-based, natural methods to help restore balance.
- Thyroid Therapy & Support – The thyroid helps to balance the body so when it isn’t working as it should, the result can be weight gain or loss, hair loss, mood swings, and more. Sandstone’s experts guide patients through treatments that help regulate the body’s metabolism and hormones.
- Wellness Testing – Uncovers the secrets at a genetic level. A wide range of wellness testing unlocks clues and answers to a healthier body and better quality of life.
- Urgent Care & General Wellness Care – At Sandstone Family Medicine we care about our patients. We believe our patients deserve to have a trusting, supportive relationship with their healthcare provider. And we go above and beyond to make that happen.
- Aesthetic and Regenerative Services – Hair Restoration, Botox, Lipo-B, Lip Flips, Microneedling, and more!
Well-Rounded Experience Means Complete Care
Experience counts when looking for a healthcare provider. A varied and well-rounded experience base means that patients are afforded more complete care. It is important for a family practice provider to have experience in a variety of specialties.
Sandstone seeks practitioners who have a broad experience base which can include trauma, ER, oncology, pediatrics, ICU, and more. This means that our patients get the benefits of the knowledge that only experience in these areas can provide.
But at the End of the Day, It’s What the Patients Say
In the end, it doesn’t matter how patient-centered a practice is, the services they offer, or the experience of the providers. The bottom line is, it’s what the patients have to say. When you are looking for a family medical practice, check out the patient reviews. Don’t just look at how many stars they have, read the comments. That will tell you what you need to know.
Are you looking for a family medical practice for yourself and your family? Give Sandstone Family Medicine a try. Make an appointment today to meet with our nurse practitioners and discover the Sandstone difference.